FLSA Status: Exempt
A Senior Manager is an experienced professional who demonstrates high competence in an area of expertise. He/she has the technical ability to successfully plan and ensure that assignments are carried out properly. A Senior Manager demonstrates the ability to work well with others especially in the capacity to command the confidence and respect of clients, partners, staff, and administrative support personnel. He/she trains and encourages staff members not only on a day-to-day basis, but also for the long-term by serving as a mentor. He/she must be able to provide forward-looking services that are creative and innovative.
Required Experience and Education
A current and valid CPA license is required. Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs and respective state societies. 7 plus years experience in public accounting or consulting, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Reinforces a positive, dynamic, client-oriented environment that is genuinely committed to proactively serving clients and operating as a team
- Promotes the vision, mission, and core values of the firm and supports the one firm concept
- Adheres to all firm and professional quality control standards, policies, and procedures
- Gains the confidence of his/her clients to the extent that they look to him/her for counseling and advice
- Leads and directs the work of others and effectively manages people with poise and professionalism
- Delegates and manages client workload and trains others on the proper delegation and management of work
- Responsible for project management including monitoring time budgets
- Demonstrates strong time and work management skills necessary to manage the increasingly complex schedule of a Senior Manager
- Bills and collects fees timely from clients in accordance with standards set by the Board of Directors
- Meets the financial criteria as determined by the Board of Directors
- Attracts new clients and expands services to existing clients
- Stays current on emerging industry or functional issues.
- Demonstrates positive leadership in professional and community organizations
- Ensures client services are delivered consistently
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics
- Leads by example exhibiting integrity, energy, enthusiasm, dedication, and commitment
- Professional and mature attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of firm and client information
- Effectively communicate through oral and written means
- Client service oriented
- Demonstrates excellence in executive presence, people development, leadership and professionalism
- Results-focused, emphasizing team accountability within a culture of openness, respect, innovation and excellence
- Effectively communicates and motivates individuals and teams to achieve high standards of productivity and quality
- Believes and demonstrates that employees are important and participates in efforts to attract, develop and retain them
- Demonstrates time and work management skills necessary to manage the increasingly complex workload
- Is an effective role model and people developer
- Continually strive to improve on leadership effectiveness through various forms of lifelong learning
Normal office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Additional hours are required. There may be occasional overnight travel out-of-town.