ABBB Announces Results of National Manufacturing Outlook Survey
The certified public accounting firm of Adams, Brown, Beran & Ball, Chartered (ABBB) has jointly released the results from the 2018 ABBB/Leading Edge Alliance National Manufacturing Outlook Survey. The survey asked about manufacturing companies’ performance in 2017, managers’ expectations for 2018, and the strategies that high-performing manufacturers find most effective.
Survey results for 2018 include:
- Manufacturer’s economic optimism increased 11.1% regionally, 18.1% nationally, and 13.7% world-wide. Notably, the optimism rate for all three markets has increased by more than 10 points since the 2017 survey.
- 62% expect their specific sectors to grow in 2018.
- 81% expect revenue increases in 2018.
- Half of all respondents expect to increase hiring in 2018.
- 75% indicated they will investigate/prioritize cybersecurity in 2018. 50% will investigate/prioritize Big Data, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Overall, respondents indicated optimism for 2018. However, challenges facing the manufacturing industry have not disappeared. Working with a team of industry-experienced advisors to develop strategy, provide insight, and draw conclusions continues to be imperative.
“The results of this survey provide valuable information about the ways in which manufacturers are positioning themselves for success. We look forward to partnering with our manufacturing clients to develop strategies that fit the needs of their organizations,” says Zach Schamaun, CPA, ABBB Manufacturing Service Line Leader.
To view a full detailed report on the results of this survey, visit www.abbb.com/resources.
This project is in partnership with the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA) Global and was conducted in association with leading accounting firms across the country. LEA is the second largest global accounting network in the world. For more information or to discuss the survey results in further detail, contact Zach Schamaun, CPA, ABBB Manufacturing Service Line Leader, at (913) 491-5080 or email@example.com.