Curtis Dean, CPA, CGMA, MST, began his career in public accounting decades ago. His background in taxation includes serving as a senior vice-president in charge of tax research and special projects at Allen, Gibbs & Houlik and most recently as a partner at M&L CPAs Chartered. He joined the Adams, Brown, Beran & Ball team in 2020 after M&L CPAs Chartered merged with ABBB.
Many seek out Curtis’ expertise as a tax guru when they encounter complex tax situations in Wichita, Sedgwick County, and throughout the country. He specializes in transactional tax consulting and compliance as well as trust, estate, and business structure tax planning. The major industries he serves include healthcare, retail, construction, and manufacturing.
Originally inspired to pursue taxation as a career by a teacher and mentor, Curtis thoroughly enjoys helping individuals and businesses set and reach their goals. You will often hear him recommend to clients, “Manage your tax risk internationally and domestically.” He stays involved in the Wichita and El Dorado communities through the Wichita Downtown Toastmasters Club and El Dorado, Inc.
Curtis resides in Wichita, Kansas with his wife, Janet. He has 2 sons and 2 lovely granddaughters. Outside of the office, his hobbies include public speaking, tai chi, and spending time with his family.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Kansas
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Wichita Downtown Toastmasters
- El Dorado, Inc.
- DePaul University
- Master of Science in Taxation (MST) with Distinction
- Missouri Western State University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Cum Laude)
- The Ohio State University
- AACSB Bridge Program, Accounting Educator/Teacher