In his two and a half decades with Adams, Brown, Beran, & Ball, Chartered (ABBB), Steve has worked with a variety of clients and small businesses providing not only tax and consulting services, but financial services, estate planning, and wealth management as well. His interest in the oil and gas and agriculture industries has made him a specialist in those areas in past years. More recently, his focus has increasingly turned to financial services—specifically the wealth management and financial strategy areas, where his successes have been rewarded by the companies he represents. Adding financial services to his accounting practice has allowed him to provide a deeper, more comprehensive service for his clients.
Steve’s golden rule attitude allows him to see his clients’ needs through their eyes when providing professional services. That philosophy, along with his easy going personality, has led clients to fully trust him, his expertise and his advice.
Prior to joining ABBB, Steve worked in the oil and gas, construction and manufacturing industries. He also served in the internal audit department of a Fortune 200 company. Since turning to public accounting, Steve has found his enjoyment lies in working for a variety of people, in a variety of industries, and in a variety of locations—as he currently serves as the Partner In Charge of ABBB’s LaCrosse, Ness City, and WaKeeney locations.
Steve serves on the Board of Directors for Adams, Brown, Beran, & Ball, as well as the Board of Directors for the Heartland Community Foundation. He is a member of the Hays Optimist Club and other civic organizations.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Kansas
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Certificate of Education Achievement in Estate Planning
- Insurance Agent License (Life and Health) – Kansas
- California Practice Privilege
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Tax Section
- Kansas Society of CPAs (KSCPA)
- Western Kansas Council on Estate Planning & Giving
- Heartland Community Foundation
- Board Member
- Hays Optimist Club
- Fort Hays State University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (1973)
Honors and Achievements
- H.D. Vest Circle of Excellence